The Center for Rare and Neglected Diseases in the College of Science of the University of Notre Dame Cordially invites you to the World Rare Disease Day Celebration, a symposium to discuss and call attention to rare and neglected diseases from across the globe.
The event is open to the public and will feature:
- A forum on providing emerging experimental therapies led by local rare disease patients and their physicians
- A session on the global perspectives of rare disease patient families
- Updates from ND faculty and visiting researchers/clinicians on the latest research in lysosomal storage disorders, rare cancers and more broadly in rare inherited syndromes
- ND Student research in establishing natural histories for rare diseases and developing a database for patient medical records
- A poster session featuring Notre Dame student and faculty research in rare diseases
- Other activities including a rare disease quiz to build awareness for rare diseases
- Child care will be provided
If you are a rare disease patient, family member or advocate and would like to share your story please let us know…
Event is FREE but you must RSVP by February 9:
Originally published at science.nd.edu.